Saturday, March 7, 2009

Saturdays

When both my wife and I worked full-time jobs, Saturdays were glorious. You slept in after a night of staying up late, knowing that you still had a day and an evening of nothing but fun ahead (most of the time). Even if you didn't do anything exciting Saturday night, it was still nice knowing you had one more day to sleep in and lounge about, before returning to the real world on Monday morning.

The funny thing is, that even after I've been out of the working world for two months shy of two years now, and my wife has been out of work (though unfortunately not by her choice) for three months now...Saturdays are still great.

Even as our weekdays and weekends have melded together into one, there is still something special about Saturdays that I will always cherish...part of it is habit I assume, part of it is knowing that other people are not at work either, and a good deal of it is turning on the TV and watching live sports - or at least having it on in the background if none of my teams are playing.

Whatever the case, tonight is Saturday, and I once again sit here after putting our daughters to bed. But I sit here tonight with that special little spark, knowing that people around the country - even in this terrible recession - are having fun.

Despite all of our problems that that we deal with seven days a week (mostly from Monday through Friday rush hour), we will always have Saturday.

Until tomorrow...live for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment