Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Nadya 'Octomoron' Suleman...

What is there more to say about this case of a single mom with 6 artificially inseminated kids, thinking it's a good idea to have and raise 8 more?

The first time I saw her photo, I said to myself, "here is a first class, media hungry, Angelina Jolie wannabe nut job." Of course I thought the same thing before I saw her picture (all except the Angelina Jolie part).

How this woman cannot choose to give these children up for adoption is beyond me. I feel bad even mentioning her name, because she doesn't deserve any publicity due to her idiotic series of decisions she has made in her life.

And shame on Dr. Phil and the rest of the whore mongers out there who fuel the fire of people like Octomoron by having her on the air!

Enough about this lady already. She is simply not worth my time. But the whole thing does bring up some very good discussion topics, regarding 'portion control' etc.

I personally feel that 2 is perfect, 3 would be okay, and 4 should be the limit (and that's if you're married). Any amount more than 4 is way too much...too much for the parents...too much for the betterment of the kids themselves...and too much for the betterment of society.

The only reason I'm even considering a 3rd child is because our first two are girls. But I don't know if it's even worth the risk. Sure, I'd like to experience all that life has to offer and raise a son too...but I just don't know if it's worth it. Granted...3 beautiful healthy girls would be a blessing and a joy...but I'm more than happy with 2 beautiful healthy girls.

Back to the point at hand (and I will be touching on this more in the future) at some point (and some would even say we are already there) the Earth will have as many people inhabiting it as it can handle.

Eventually countries other than China will have to adopt policies similar to their one-child policy. My wish is that America, Mexico, India, Japan, etc. follow suit by implementing a 2 child limit per parent...meaning a married (or 'unionized') couple could bring a maximum of 4 kids into this world.

As far as adoption...the sky is the limit. I'm all for adoption. That doesn't mean I'm not pro-choice...but I am pro-adoption.

All I'm saying is to use your heads people. There is nothing better than family...but let's be frank and say that too much of a good thing...is never a good thing.

Until tomorrow...live for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment