Saturday, March 14, 2009

"Homeland Security"

Have you seen this beauty of a show yet? My wife and I gave Homeland Security a chance. It didn't take me long to realize that while interesting at times, nothing good could come out of watching this for me.

It basically consists of various DHS agents rounding up the bad guys who most of the time, turn out not to be bad after all.

In every episode that I watched the one constant was a vehicle getting ripped open to find a cache of marijuana (I will call it by it's proper name...cannabis).

The agents always rejoice like they saved the world, while another person is hauled away to prison, draining more taxpayer dollars...all because Americans want this product...this naturally growing 'weed.'

Cannabis is something I hold near and dear to my heart. I don't smoke it a lot. In fact, I go years at a time without smoking it. Yes, I'd prefer to smoke it nightly, but if I don't have easy access to it...no big deal.

I am positive ending the prohibition on cannabis will help save our country and our world...but I'll get to all of that later.

Tonight, I just wanted to quickly get off my chest that while at first glance this show is entertaining...after a few views, the only thing it is good for is proving to me that not only does our war on drugs have to end, but we need to give serious thought about the war we have also waged on illegal immigrants.

I'm not saying that we open the borders 100%, but first things first, we legalize cannabis, including it's importation, and our country, Mexico, Canada, and eventually the whole world will soon start to see it's benefits, and see them in very unexpected places.

Until tomorrow...live for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment